- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Court affirms life sentence in Jackson shooting
Question of the Day
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - The Mississippi Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal from a man convicted for a fatal shooting at a family gathering on Christmas Day 2008 in Jackson.
Thursday’s decision lets stand state Court of Appeals’ upholding of Saheed Davis‘ conviction last year.
Davis was convicted in the 2011 death of Zedrick Warner.
Jackson police investigators say Davis shot the 39-year-old Warner, who was his girlfriend’s brother-in-law, outside a home where relatives had gathered for the holiday.
Davis was among the most wanted fugitives on a list prepared by a federal gang task force. He was captured at a Dallas hotel more than nine months after the shooting in Jackson.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world