- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Florida Gulf Coast edges Stetson 71-68
Question of the Day
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Bernard Thompson hit a 3-pointer with just 3 seconds remaining to lift Florida Gulf Coast to a 71-68 win over Stetson on Friday night.
Florida Gulf Coast (14-9, 8-2 Atlantic Sun Conference) retook the lead midway through the second half on a Brett Comer layup that made it 55-54, then hung on as Stetson challenged down the stretch, tying it up at 68 on a tip-in by Willie Green with 22 seconds left. The Eagles then got the ball to Thompson, who fired from beyond the arc to seal the win.
Chase Fieler led Florida Gulf Coast with 15 points and a career-high 14 rebounds. Thompson scored 17 points, while Jamail Jones and Comer had 13 points apiece for the Eagles, who shot 50 percent from the field.
Led by Kentwan Smith’s 22 points and 10 rebounds, Stetson (6-16, 4-6) outscored the Eagles in the second half, 37-35.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq