- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Florida Gulf Coast edges Stetson 71-68
Question of the Day
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Bernard Thompson hit a 3-pointer with just 3 seconds remaining to lift Florida Gulf Coast to a 71-68 win over Stetson on Friday night.
Florida Gulf Coast (14-9, 8-2 Atlantic Sun Conference) retook the lead midway through the second half on a Brett Comer layup that made it 55-54, then hung on as Stetson challenged down the stretch, tying it up at 68 on a tip-in by Willie Green with 22 seconds left. The Eagles then got the ball to Thompson, who fired from beyond the arc to seal the win.
Chase Fieler led Florida Gulf Coast with 15 points and a career-high 14 rebounds. Thompson scored 17 points, while Jamail Jones and Comer had 13 points apiece for the Eagles, who shot 50 percent from the field.
Led by Kentwan Smith’s 22 points and 10 rebounds, Stetson (6-16, 4-6) outscored the Eagles in the second half, 37-35.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world