- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
Gun grabs under fire: Majority of Americans condemn 2nd Amendment tweaks
Question of the Day
More Americans who are dissatisfied with the country’s gun laws want them to be less strict and fewer want them to be stricter, according to a new poll from Gallup.
Overall, 55 percent of Americans are dissatisfied with the country’s gun laws — the highest figure since 2001.
The percentage of Americans who are dissatisfied and want the laws stricter is still greater than the percentage who want them less strict.
But the gap shrunk significantly compared to January 2013, right after the Sandy Hook school shootings in Newtown, Conn.
In January 2013, 43 percent were satisfied with the strictness of gun laws in the country, 38 percent wanted them to be made stricter and five percent wanted them to be made less strict.
Now, 40 percent are satisfied with the laws, 31 percent want to see them made stricter and 16 percent want them less strict.
The survey of 1,018 adults was conducted from Jan. 5-8 and has a margin of error of four percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- FAA bars flights to Tel Aviv amid missile fears
- Rep. Kingston: Best check on Obama is GOP-led Senate
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting 'every skinhead and malcontent around Russia'
- Nancy Pelosi: Israel has not lost moral authority
Latest Blog Entries
- Dick Cheney: Hillary Clinton 'clearly bears responsibility' on Benghazi
- Holder vows to press ahead on gun control fight
- Seven of 10 prefer that Obama work with Congress, not go around it: Poll
- Schumer: Tea party hasn't let Obama put his policies into effect
- GOP official: Black not running for Wolf's House seat
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq