- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Gun grabs under fire: Majority of Americans condemn 2nd Amendment tweaks
More Americans who are dissatisfied with the country’s gun laws want them to be less strict and fewer want them to be stricter, according to a new poll from Gallup.
Overall, 55 percent of Americans are dissatisfied with the country’s gun laws — the highest figure since 2001.
The percentage of Americans who are dissatisfied and want the laws stricter is still greater than the percentage who want them less strict.
But the gap shrunk significantly compared to January 2013, right after the Sandy Hook school shootings in Newtown, Conn.
In January 2013, 43 percent were satisfied with the strictness of gun laws in the country, 38 percent wanted them to be made stricter and five percent wanted them to be made less strict.
Now, 40 percent are satisfied with the laws, 31 percent want to see them made stricter and 16 percent want them less strict.
The survey of 1,018 adults was conducted from Jan. 5-8 and has a margin of error of four percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
- Obama urged to enforce ban on importing military-style firearms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.