- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
Osvaldo joins Juventus on loan from Southampton
“I’m very happy,” Osvaldo said of his return to Serie A. “Everything happened very fast and I still can’t believe it … It’s been a hectic three or four days.”
Juventus has the option to buy the 28-year-old before May 31, for 19 million euros ($25.6 million).
Osvaldo joined Southampton from Roma in August for a club-record 15.1 million euros (then $20 million).
The forward scored four times for the Premier League club but was suspended for two weeks on Jan. 23 following a training-ground incident.
Another player also returned to Serie A on loan from the Premier League, with former Lazio defender Modibo Diakite signing for Fiorentina from Sunderland.
Meanwhile, French winger Gael Kakuta moved to Lazio on loan from Chelsea.
Hernanes left Lazio’s training ground in tears on Thursday, amid reports he was on the verge of signing for Inter.
The 28-year-old midfielder - who joined Lazio in 2010 - had a medical at Inter on Friday before penning a four and a half year deal.
Hernanes has scored two goals in 23 appearances for Brazil and helped his country to Confederations Cup success last summer.
Earlier, Saint-Etienne defender Faouzi Ghoulam signed for Napoli until 2018.
The 22-year-old Algeria international, who played for France at Under 21 level, made 87 league appearances in four seasons at Saint-Etienne.
Ghoulam is Napoli’s third signing this month, following the arrivals of Jorginho and Henrique.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Redskins free agency: 5 positions to watch
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again