- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Real Madrid presents 400M euro Bernabeu redesign
MADRID (AP) - Real Madrid presented its redesign of the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on Friday, a reported 400 million euros ($540 million) renovation it expects will transform its home ground into a world icon.
German company GMT Architects, which has also designed the Arena Amazonia World Cup stadium in Manaus, Brazil, will lead the redesign which will see the stadium receive a new exterior with a hotel and shopping center added.
Madrid, which has debts of over 500 million euros ($675 million), plans to finance the project by selling naming rights to the stadium and through a bond issue among Madrid members.
President Florentino Perez says “we want the new stadium to be a world icon.”
The Bernabeu, which was inaugurated in 1947, was last reworked for the 1982 World Cup.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.