- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Review: Wayne Marshall’s ‘Tru Colors’ delivers
Question of the Day
Wayne Marshall, “Tru Colors” (Ghetto Youths International)
Some 10 years after the release of “Marshall Law,” Jamaican reggae artist Wayne Marshall has released “Tru Colors,” a diverse 13-track collection under the supervision of Damian Marley on the Ghetto Youths International label.
The standout track is the catchy anthem “Stupid Money,” featuring Assassin. With a delivery that rides smoothly alongside Marshall’s vocal, a hip-hop beat and children singing the hook, it’s reminiscent of Jay Z’s “Hard Knock Life.”
The title track sees an honest Marshall calling out disloyalty and deceit among fake friends over a lively mid-tempo beat, and the rootsy “I Know” is a boastful tease to his peers showing his witty and competitive nature.
“Be on the Alert,” featuring Bounty Killer, draws on the seriousness of missing children in Jamaica, and while “Nah Give Up” with Taurus Riley talks about the struggles of life, it also speaks of triumph, uplifting the listener.
Album producer Marley makes an appearance on previously released club anthem “Go Hard,” which also features Assassin, Aidonia, I-Octane, Bounty Killer and Vybz Kartel. More flavor is added by the likes of Baby Cham, Ace Hood and Waka Flocka as they join the party on the remix “Go Harder.” The resulting mash-up is piled high with energy, and everybody shines.
“Tru Colors” is well put together and delivers a refreshing curve to the dancehall game, outshining Marshall’s previous releases.
TWT Video Picks
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq