- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Weston Dressler expected to sign with NFL team
Question of the Day
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - The Canadian Football League’s Saskatchewan Roughriders have released receiver Weston Dressler to give him the opportunity to sign with a National Football League team.
The former Bismarck High and University of North Dakota standout played six seasons with the Roughriders, topping the 1,000-yard receiving mark five times. He also was the CFL’s rookie of the year in 2008 and won a Grey Cup championship with the team this past season.
Dressler says a deal with an NFL team is imminent, though he isn’t saying which one. He had a tryout with the Kansas City Chiefs a few weeks ago.
“I’ve got a decision made, and it’s kind of just come down to the point where we each need to cross the T’s and dot the I’s,” he said during a Thursday press conference.
“Ever since the first time I touched a football, that’s something I dreamed about … having an opportunity to play in the NFL, on the game’s biggest stage,” Dressler said. “To kind of get to that point now is pretty surreal.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world