- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: For Hillary, ends justify means
Question of the Day
When campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, Hillary Clinton claimed to have dodged snipers’ bullets on the tarmac at Tuzla, Bosnia, when on an official visit as first lady in 1996. When the claim was quickly revealed as a baldfaced lie, her acolytes defended her by saying that she had been exhausted (as if to say tired people always engage in confabulation). To my knowledge, not a single prominent supporter deserted Mrs. Clinton’s campaign when the lying was exposed.
Perhaps we can understand this if we recall that one of the signal beliefs of the liberal catechism is that the ends justify the means (“Betrayal that whitewash won’t cover,” Commentary, Dec. 31). Thus, lying in pursuit of the presidential nomination or in the wake of the Benghazi atrocities becomes acceptable to the liberal mind. The New York Times is the most prominent journalistic voice of liberalism. We should not be surprised if it uses its considerable influence as a means to a liberal end: the scouring of Mrs. Clinton’s record in preparation for another presidential effort.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- House chairman: $3.7B border request 'too much'
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals