- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Charlie Strong aims to put Longhorns ‘back on the national stage’
Strong also acknowledged this historical significance behind him taking the job: He is the first African-American head coach of a men’s sport at Texas.
Strong did not want to reveal which assistants he planned to bring from Louisville or who else he would hire from for his staff.
Strong said he doesn’t feel any special pressure taking over a program that boasts the nation’s wealthiest athletic department, its own television network and annual expectations of winning conference and national championships.
While Strong spoke, the football stadium’s giant scoreboard displayed a huge picture of Strong cheering with a clenched fist raised in the air, a shot from his Louisville days with his Cardinals red shirt now tinted burnt orange.
“When you’re not prepared, yeah, there’s pressure,” Strong said. “If you surround yourself with the right people, it’s not pressure.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.