- The Washington Times - Monday, January 6, 2014

A 2-year-old girl in Longmont, Colo., tested positive for THC after she ate a pot cookie on the ground outside of her apartment, the child’s mother said.

Aida Hernandez, believes her daughter Evelyn found the laced cookie in the grass outside, a local CBS News affiliate reported. About a half-hour later, she noticed her daughter getting very lethargic.

“She was asleep, she was opening and closing her eyes and she couldn’t walk really well. She was weak,” she told the station.

Miss Hernandez said she immediately took Evelyn to the hospital where she tested positive for THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, CBS reported.

Police in Longmont have launched an investigation but told the station that they searched the mother’s home for any signs of drug use and found nothing.

Americans who are 21 and older are now permitted to purchase recreational marijuana in Colorado and some opponents of the new measure say accidents like this will increase.

“It’s everywhere,” the mother told CBS. “Now that it’s legal, they have it everywhere,”

Her oldest daughter, Amira, worries that what happened to her little sister could happen to anyone.

“All of the parents watch out for their children. I don’t want other children getting what she got,” she said.



Click to Read More

Click to Hide