- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Escaped prisoner turns himself in to get out of cold
The “polar vortex” apparently is putting a deep freeze on crime — at least in Kentucky.
The Associated Press reported Tuesday that temperatures dropped so much that an escaped prisoner from a minimum security facility in Lexington decided that he would rather be locked up then try to survive the cold.
Robert Vick of Hartford escaped from the prison on Sunday, only to walk into a motel on Monday and ask the clerk to call the police.
A Lexington police spokesman told AP that Vick said he turned himself in to get away from the bone-chilling cold, which dipped to 20 below zero in Lexington on Monday.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen's Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn't always bad
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- 2-week truce for hot sauce maker, California city
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014