- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
LANCASTER: Beyond Greg Maddux, Hall’s Class of 2014 a gray area
So there’s my 10, which does not include a couple guys I voted for last year — Walker and Tim Raines. I’ll vote for them again in future years, but it won’t get any easier with Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz coming on the ballot next year, followed by Ken Griffey Jr. and Trevor Hoffman in 2016, then Pudge Rodriguez and Vladimir Guerrero in 2017, and so on.
Voting for the Hall of Fame is a privilege and an honor, but not a heck of a lot of fun.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Marc Lancaster has covered Major League Baseball for the Tampa Tribune and the Cincinnati Post and served as an editor at FanHouse.com and SportsIllustrated.com. A University of Georgia graduate, he began his career as a sportswriter at the Athens (Ga.) Banner-Herald. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LANCASTER: Beyond Greg Maddux, Hall's Class of 2014 a gray area
- Tim Tebow to serve as SEC Network analyst; hasn't closed door on NFL career
- 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot led by newcomers Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine
- Katie Ledecky named U.S. Olympic SportsWoman of Year
- Navy-Air Force game Saturday a 'go' despite shutdown
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Senate rejects Gillibrand's overhaul of military's handling of sexual assaults
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again