- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Dennis Rodman croons to Kim Jong-un: ‘Happy birthday to you’
Question of the Day
The latest in the Dennis Rodman-North Korea debacle is that the former NBA great kicked off Wednesday’s exhibition game in Pyongyang with a solo song to despot Kim Jong-un: Happy birthday, dear leader.
AOL reported that Mr. Rodman dedicated the game to his “best friend” Mr. Kim, who sat with his wife and other high-ranking government officials in a special section overseeing the court at Pyongyang Indoor Stadium. About 14,000 others cheered as Mr. Rodman sang his birthday wishes.
Mr. Rodman at first found it difficult to convince 11 basketball players from America to travel to North Korea, given the closed-door nature of the nation and the fact that Mr. Kim had just executed his uncle in a crackdown on government corruption. But the members of the team said they finally agreed to come because they thought the game might prove a means of improving communications with those in the country, AOL reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Woman vows 10K-mile stationary bike ride for Obama: 'Just asking for a wave'
- Orlando Bloom's punch at Justin Bieber brings on the crowd cheers
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them 'into a burning building'
- 'Queen of Mean' Leona Helmsley's former home hits market for $65M
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Fingers Malloy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world