- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Government-sanctioned waste and fraud
Question of the Day
It is fascinating that the same administration that hired 16,000 new Internal Revenue Service agents to spy on law-abiding American citizens can look us in the eye, and without cracking a smile, tell the American people that it lacks a legal mechanism to crush the abuse of the food-stamp program and every other welfare boondoggle ("Golden Hammer: Ag Dept. fails to punish stores that aid food-stamp cheaters," Web, Jan. 2). The inspector general of the Agriculture Department must neither an inspector nor a watchdog be.
Of course, it has never been the intention of either President Obama or Attorney General Eric Holder Jr. to enforce any law that affects their largest voting base. Mr. Obama's welfare system is nothing more than bribery to multitudes of illegal aliens and millions of slackers who produce nothing for society but babies and crime.
We spend and waste more taxpayer dollars on idiotic welfare initiatives such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program than we have spent on most of the wars we have fought. In case the inspector general cannot understand, this is fraud. Maybe if Mr. Obama's chief law enforcement officers were more crime buster and less cocktail commando, some progress might be made.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy