- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Pa. pizza shop delivering necessities in the cold to elderly customers
With bitter cold temperatures forcing people to stay indoors, one pizza shop owner in Ligonier, Pa., decided to give his elderly customers a helping hand.
Fox’s Pizza Den Tom Wynkoop told his “valued customers” via Twitter that he would deliver whatever necessities they may need so they don’t have to brave the cold — no strings attached, Channel 11 first reported.
“If you have any medical history that involves respiratory issues, PLEASE, PLEASE do not attempt to leave the house,” he said. “Due to the extreme weather conditions, please call my cell phone and I will do everything in my power to have things brought to you (medications, food, etc.). No food ordering required.”
Mr. Wynkoop told the station that his shop is located in an elderly community, and “you have to be there for your residents.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.