- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Velveeta alert: Cheesy dip reserves run low in lead-up to Super Bowl
Question of the Day
Football fans, beware. Velveeta cheesy product supplies are running low, leaving in doubt the ability of Kraft Foods to provide enough to meet Super Bowl appetites.
The product is a popular chip dip.
Company spokeswoman Jody Moore is downplaying the supply problem, saying that though Kraft officials have announced that some consumers may have difficulty obtaining Velveeta for the Big Game, not to worry. Shortages do happen, from time to time, she said, The Blaze reported.
And so far so good, she added, The Associated Press reported. No customers have yet complained about an inability to buy the product.
Ms. Moore also said the shortage is only expected to be a short-term dilemma. But Twitter exploded with worry.
The Blaze reported that one concerned citizen tweeted: “Quick, buy some now! ;) Soon, Velveeta will be the new gasoline. Shove velveeta in your prius.”
And another opined: “Do you think Velveeta is just trying to make some fast cash??”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- John McCain laments: Obama's 'self-pity … is really kind of sad'
- Michele Bachmann 'There's a chance I could run' for president
- U.S. Navy admiral 'receptive' to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Tennessee restaurant: 'Guns are Welcome' signs cause business to spike
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq