- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
3 more cases of Legionnaires’ in Wilson County
Question of the Day
WILSON, N.C. (AP) - Wilson County officials have confirmed three more cases of Legionnaires’ disease.
The Wilson Times reported (http://bit.ly/1rcYXvH) that health department officials said one of the three new cases is not related to a health care facility.
The latest report raises the total in Wilson County to 11 cases. The county reported 11 cases in all of 2013.
Seven cases are linked to Wilson Pines, two of which are visitors. There are three cases now linked to Longleaf-Neuro Medical Treatment Center, all residents. Two cases there were classified as retrospective cases or no longer symptomatic.
Legionella is a bacterium usually found in hot water and in systems producing aerosols or mist. People can become infected when they breathe in a mist or vapor that has been contaminated. Most people are unaffected.
Information from: The Wilson Daily Times, http://www.wilsondaily.com
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq