- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
Avs get D Brad Stuart in trade with Sharks
Question of the Day
DENVER (AP) - The Colorado Avalanche acquired defenseman Brad Stuart from the San Jose Sharks for a second-round pick in 2016 and a sixth-rounder in 2017.
The 34-year-old Stuart will help bolster the Avalanche’s blue line after a season in which he skated in 61 games for the Sharks. He was third on the team in blocked shots (114) and hits (122).
Stuart was the third overall pick by San Jose in 1998. He’s also suited up for Boston, Calgary, Los Angeles and Detroit.
Colorado has been active the last two days, acquiring veteran forward Daniel Briere from Montreal on Monday for right wing P.A. Parenteau and a fifth-round pick next year.
Earlier Tuesday, the Avalanche lost Paul Stastny through free agency as the center signed a four-year deal with St. Louis.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq