- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Gulfstream to race from December to September
Question of the Day
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Gulfstream Park will expand its racing meet after receiving regulatory approval on an agreement to end competition with nearby Calder Race Course.
Gulfstream is expected to hold at least 190 days of racing from December to September each year. Calder will be open for racing for 40 days in October and November, and Gulfstream will operate that meet under a six-year lease arrangement.
Simulcasting will no longer be offered at Calder under terms of the deal, which takes effect immediately.
Calder said the agreement is in the best interest of South Florida racing. Gulfstream, owned by the Stronach Group, went head to head in the summer with Calder for the first time last year and did much better business.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq