- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Iditarod registration opening draws 60 mushers
Question of the Day
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Organizers of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race say 60 mushers have signed up for the 2015 race so far.
Organizers say 36 mushers signed up at Iditarod Trail Committee headquarters in Wasilla Saturday, the opening day of registration. Another 24 mushers registered by mail for the 1,000-mile race.
Defending champion Dallas Seavey, a two-time winner, is among those who registered. Other former winners to sign up are four-time champions Lance Mackey, Jeff King and Martin Buser, and two-time champion Mitch Seavey, the father of Dallas Seavey. Mackey skipped this year’s Iditarod.
The race begins with a ceremonial start in Anchorage on the first Saturday of every March, followed the next day by the competitive portion that begins in Willow.
The 2015 race is scheduled to start March 7.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq