- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
Jackets deal Frattin to Toronto for D’Amigo, pick
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The Columbus Blue Jackets have acquired Jerry D’Amigo and a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2015 draft from the Toronto Maple Leafs for right wing Matt Frattin.
Frattin returns to the Leafs, where he played 82 games from 2010-13 before being dealt to Los Angeles.
The 23-year-old D’Amigo appeared in 22 games with Toronto last season, making his NHL debut on Dec. 5. He had a goal and two assists with the Maple Leafs and added 17 goals and 12 assists in 70 games with the American Hockey League’s Toronto Marlies.
The 26-year-old Frattin, acquired at the trade deadline in the deal that sent Marian Gaborik to the Kings, is a restricted free agent. He had an assist in four games with the Blue Jackets last season.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq