- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Dead body falls out of coroner van, lands in road
Question of the Day
FEASTERVILLE, Pa. (AP) - A dead body on a gurney fell out of a coroner’s van when a door malfunctioned, sending the corpse into the middle of a busy roadway in Pennsylvania.
The Bucks County Courier Times (http://bit.ly/1rhI80E ) reports the accident happened around noon on Friday near a shopping center in Feasterville, Pennsylvania.
A photo on the newspaper’s website shows the corpse, wrapped in what appears to be a white sheet, lying in the street as cars buzz by. The Bucks County Coroner’s Office says the driver realized immediately that the door had opened and retrieved the body within minutes. The office says it “deeply regrets” the incident.
A passer-by who helped get the body into the van says he thought it was a prank, calling it “the most bizarre thing” he’d ever seen.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq