- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Windquest 1st finisher at fast Port Huron-Mackinac
Question of the Day
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. (AP) - The lead boats have finished the 90th annual Port Huron to Mackinac Island race.
The website of the Bayview Yacht Club in Detroit shows that Windquest was across the finish line in northern Lake Huron at 6:15 p.m. Sunday. It says Il Mostro was in by 7:15 p.m.
Conditions were near perfect Saturday as more than 200 sailboats set off just north are off from near the Blue Water Bridge at Port Huron.
Bell’s Brewery sponsors the race. Race chairman Art LeVasseur says winds were ideal for the racers.
The winners are based on a handicapping system that considers each boat’s ability. There are two courses, one called the Cove Island and the other called the Shore Course.
Race tracking and details: http://www.bycmack.com
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq