- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Va. teen runner died of cardiac arrhythmia
Question of the Day
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - A medical examiner has determined that a heart rhythm problem caused the death of a teenager who collapsed after completing a half-marathon in Virginia Beach.
The Virginian Pilot (http://bit.ly/1koIMUW ) reports that the Tidewater medical examiner’s office found that 16-year-old Cameron Gallagher died of cardiac arrhythmia.
The Richmond teenager collapsed after crossing the finish line at the Shamrock half-marathon in March. She was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Gallagher’s father, David Gallgher, tells WRIC-TV (http://bit.ly/1kVx9Vw ) that she competed on a swim team, ran with her family and played basketball as a child, and didn’t have any symptoms of any heart conditions.
He says the family wants to have genetic testing done to see whether Cameron’s siblings might have any conditions.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq