- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Mexican man dies while awaiting deportation
Question of the Day
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Federal immigration authorities say a 38-year-old Mexican man awaiting deportation died in their custody this past weekend.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a news release Monday that Santiago Sierra-Sanchez was found unresponsive Saturday morning in the Utah County jail’s medical unit.
Sierra-Sanchez was taken to a hospital, where he was declared dead. The state medical examiner is working to determine the cause of death.
Sierra-Sanchez was apprehended by federal officials on July 11 while being held in the Salt Lake County jail on local charges when it was discovered he had been previously deported.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement say he is the fifth detainee to die this fiscal year.
TWT Video Picks
Emails reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world