- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Iowa Rep. Bruce Braley, Joni Ernst in dead heat in Senate race: poll
Question of the Day
Iowa Rep. Bruce Braley and state Sen. Joni Ernst are running neck-and-neck in their race to replace retiring Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin, according to a new NBC/Marist poll.
Mrs. Ernst was able to rally the establishment and conservative wings of the Republican party to her side on her way to winning the state’s GOP primary last month, giving Republicans hope that they can win the Senate seat.
More than four in ten said that they felt strongly that the new health care law was a bad idea, compared to 22 percent who felt strongly that it was a good idea.
More than half of the respondents said they would approve of a proposal that required companies to reduce greenhouse gases that cause global warming, even it it would mean higher utility bills.
They were more split over whether they supported a pathway to citizenship that would allow foreigners who have jobs but are staying illegally in the United States the opportunity to eventual become legal citizens.
The poll showed that 17 percent strongly favored the proposal, and 29 percent somewhat favored it, while 31 percent strongly opposed the proposal and 17 percent somewhat opposed it.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chris Christie sidesteps Bridgegate, again tops Republican presidential field
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world