- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Iowa Rep. Bruce Braley, Joni Ernst in dead heat in Senate race: poll
Question of the Day
Iowa Rep. Bruce Braley and state Sen. Joni Ernst are running neck-and-neck in their race to replace retiring Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin, according to a new NBC/Marist poll.
Mrs. Ernst was able to rally the establishment and conservative wings of the Republican party to her side on her way to winning the state’s GOP primary last month, giving Republicans hope that they can win the Senate seat.
More than four in ten said that they felt strongly that the new health care law was a bad idea, compared to 22 percent who felt strongly that it was a good idea.
More than half of the respondents said they would approve of a proposal that required companies to reduce greenhouse gases that cause global warming, even it it would mean higher utility bills.
They were more split over whether they supported a pathway to citizenship that would allow foreigners who have jobs but are staying illegally in the United States the opportunity to eventual become legal citizens.
The poll showed that 17 percent strongly favored the proposal, and 29 percent somewhat favored it, while 31 percent strongly opposed the proposal and 17 percent somewhat opposed it.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Perdue, Nunn square off in race for Georgia's open Senate seat
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Alison Lundergan Grimes hits Mitch McConnell over jobs
- Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff locked in dead heat
- Georgia Senate race heats up as Kingston, Perdue ready for runoff
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq