- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
VA: Fort Wayne medical center ICU due to reopen
Question of the Day
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - A U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs spokesman says the agency plans to reopen the intensive care unit of its Fort Wayne medical center as soon as possible.
The four-bed unit has been closed since October 2012, when the VA Northern Indiana Health Care System temporarily suspended inpatient services at the medical center because of lapses in care. All services except the ICU were restored within a year after the suspension.
VA spokesman Michael Brady tells The Journal Gazette for a story Wednesday (http://bit.ly/1sp7BrH ) that the agency currently is looking for two more providers and finalizing training for current workers.
Republican U.S. Rep. Marlin Stutzman recently expressed worries that the longer the ICU remains closed, the greater the possibility that VA officials could decide it no longer was needed.
Information from: The Journal Gazette, http://www.journalgazette.net
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors