- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
AFC South Preseason Capsules
Question of the Day
AFC preseason capsules, by divisions:
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-6)
OPEN CAMP: July 22, Anderson, Indiana.
LAST YEAR: Colts won first division title without Peyton Manning in nearly two decades, and Andrew Luck rallied them from 28-point deficit to pull off second-greatest playoff comeback in NFL history against Chiefs. But at New England, Luck threw four interceptions in 43-22 blowout that prevented Indy vs. Manning matchup for AFC championship.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: LBs D’Qwell Jackson and Jonathan Newsome; DT Arthur Jones; OLs Lance Louis and Jack Mewhort; WRs Hakeem Nicks and Donte Moncrief.
IMPORTANT LOSSES: LB Pat Angerer; S Antoine Bethea; RB Donald Brown; DT Aubrayo Franklin; WR Darrius Heyward-Bey; OL Samson Satele.
CAMP NEEDS: Find starting center, improve along offensive line, solidify pass defense, pass rush, and finding replacement for Bethea in secondary.
EXPECTATIONS: In division that lacks standout quarterbacks and Super Bowl contenders, Luck and Colts stand apart. They made playoffs in 2012, won playoff game last year and appear poised to take next logical step. But to win NFL title, need WR Reggie Wayne to be healthy, Luck to be protected better, and improved defense that will be without NFL sacks champion Robert Mathis for first four games.
TENNESSEE TITANS (7-9)
OPEN CAMP: July 25, Nashville, Tennessee.
LAST YEAR: QB Jake Locker missed nine games, including final seven, and Titans missed playoffs for fifth straight season. Owner/founder Bud Adams died in October, and son-in-law Tommy Smith became president/CEO. Smith fired Mike Munchak in January when coach wouldn’t make some staff changes, ending Hall of Fame lineman’s 31-year tenure with this franchise as player and coach.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: Coach Ken Whisenhunt; defensive coordinator Ray Horton; RB-WR Dexter McCluster; LBs Shaun Phillips and Wesley Woodyard; OTs Michael Oher and Taylor Lewan; RB Bishop Sankey.
IMPORTANT LOSSES: RB Chris Johnson; Pro Bowl CB Alterraun Verner; QB Ryan Fitzpatrick; RT David Stewart.
CAMP NEEDS: RB Shonn Greene needs to be healthy after two knee surgeries. Lewan can push both veteran LT Michael Roos or Oher for playing time. WR Justin Hunter must keep developing while keeping some of weight he added. Defensively, pick either Blidi Wreh-Wilson or Coty Sensabaugh as Verner’s replacement, settle linebacker starters and rotation transitioning to 3-4 scheme.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world