- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
Blumenthal to visit border to see migrant children
Question of the Day
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal is traveling to the U.S. border with Mexico to see firsthand the crisis involving tens of thousands of migrant children streaming into Texas.
A member of the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security, the Democrat was scheduled to visit the border Thursday evening and on Friday.
Blumenthal was expected to meet with local authorities, volunteers, children and federal officials to learn more about the situation. He also planned to tour a local border patrol station in McAllen, Texas and receive a briefing at Lackland Air Force Base, where some of the immigrants are being held.
Blumenthal will be joined on the trip with Republican and Democratic House and Senate members, as well as the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world