- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
In Detroit, Biden says US offers aid to Ukraine
Question of the Day
DETROIT (AP) - Vice President Joe Biden says he has offered the Ukrainian president U.S. assistance in determining the cause of a Malaysian airliner’s crash along the Ukraine-Russia border.
Biden made the disclosure in Detroit on Thursday afternoon as he began making remarks to a group of information technology students at Wayne County Community College.
Biden says he has been in contact with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and has offered U.S. assistance in the aftermath of the “tragic event that’s taken place on the Ukrainian border” with Russia.
He says the U.S. will send a team to Ukraine “to determine what happened.”
Biden is speaking to a class of 32 African American females enrolled in a four-month technology training course aimed at connecting them with jobs in Detroit’s information technology sector.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world