- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Tax loophole for marijuana cash cows?
Question of the Day
As Washington and other jurisdictions race with dollar signs in their eyes to see who can legalize marijuana first, it seems these political twits forgot one thing: There are still federal laws that govern the use and distribution of “illegal” drugs.
Case in point: Two Colorado Democrats, Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Ed Perlmutter have written to IRS Commissioner John Koskinen asking him to “waive” the 10-percent penalty for taxpayers — including those with “legal” marijuana businesses — who pay withholding taxes in cash because they often have trouble getting bank accounts. There also has been a lawsuit filed in Colorado claiming that states cannot collect taxes on activities, such as marijuana sales, that violate federal law.
Do I smell another executive order in the pipeline, or will our attorney general turn a blind eye to enforcing those laws, just as he has turned a blind eye to border jumping, hate crimes against white voters, and a totally corrupt IRS?
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reject any legislation dubbed 'comprehensive'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media are complicit in Hamas' tactics
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gazans should help defeat Hamas
- EDITORIAL: The impeachment trap
- EDITORIAL: Illegal aliens in the shadows? What shadows?
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case