- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
1st West Nile virus detection of year in Michigan
Question of the Day
SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) - Michigan health officials say they’ve confirmed the presence of mosquitoes with the West Nile virus for the first time this season.
The Michigan Department of Community Health reported Wednesday that tests confirmed the presence of the virus in a mosquito pool in Saginaw County in mid-June.
The department says that the virus killed two people and caused 34 serious illnesses in the state in 2013. The National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that it knows of 2,469 West Nile virus cases and 119 deaths in the U.S. last year.
The disease can cause serious neurological illnesses, such as meningitis and encephalitis. Its symptoms include high fever, confusion, muscles weakness and a severe headache.
Report details: http://bit.ly/VdpOdW
West Nile background: http://www.michigan.gov/westnile and http://www.cdc.gov/westnile
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world