- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
North Texas players suspended after theft arrests
Question of the Day
DENTON, Texas (AP) - North Texas linebacker Sed Ellis and tight end Chris Loving have been suspended indefinitely after they were arrested on charges of stealing two television sets.
Coach Dan McCarney said Wednesday he decided to suspend both players after talking to them following their arrests.
Denton police say suspects later identified as Ellis and Loving were seen taking TVs out of a Walmart store in separate shopping carts without paying for them. Police say Ellis and Loving admitted to the thefts and returned the TVs at a police station.
Both players are facing misdemeanor theft charges.
Ellis played in 10 games as a sophomore and had six tackles. Loving was a junior transfer from Blinn College last season.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq