- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Ohio medical marijuana amendment won’t make ballot
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A push to place a medical marijuana question before Ohio voters this fall has failed.
Ohio Rights Group president John Pardee says the campaign managed to collect about 100,000 signatures by Tuesday’s deadline, short of the roughly 386,000 valid signatures needed to qualify.
Pardee said supporters of the Ohio Cannabis Rights Amendment plan to continue circulating petitions with the hope of making the ballot in 2015.
The amendment ran into some hurdles along the way, including recasting the petition after an initial version was rejected by Attorney General Mike DeWine as not representing a fair and truthful description of how the constitutional amendment would function.
Pardee said professionals such as lawyers and doctors were also reluctant to sign petitions for fear it might jeopardize their jobs.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq