- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Immigrants screened at West Texas hospitals
Question of the Day
EL PASO, Texas (AP) - The Border Patrol in West Texas will use local hospitals to perform health screenings of immigrants apprehended crossing the border.
Border Patrol spokesman Ramiro Cordero told the El Paso Times (http://bit.ly/1j4KuQi ) that they’ve met with local hospitals to find “the most ideal process of handling any undocumented immigrants flown into El Paso from South Texas.”
As the number of immigrants -mostly unaccompanied minors and family groups- spiked in South Texas, the Department of Homeland Security is scrambling to find places to house the family groups.
Several hundred people have been sent to El Paso to be processed. Part of the processing involves a medical screening.
Local hospitals confirmed that they have been seeing immigrants brought by the Border Patrol but that none of them required additional care.
Information from: El Paso Times, http://www.elpasotimes.com
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world