- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Rockies purchase contract of RHP Jair Jurrjens
Question of the Day
DENVER (AP) - The Colorado Rockies have promoted Jair Jurrjens from the minors, and the right-hander will make his first major league start in more than a year Friday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The Rockies acquired the 28-year-old Jurrjens in a trade with Cincinnati on Wednesday. Jurrjens signed a minor league deal with the Reds on May 20 and made six starts for Triple-A Louisville, going 2-3 with a 4.46 ERA.
Jurrjens last pitched in the big leagues on June 29, 2013, when he was with Baltimore.
Colorado purchased Jurrjens’ contract, optioned reliever Rob Scahill to Triple-A Colorado Springs and transferred righty Jhoulys Chacin (inflamed shoulder) to the 60-day disabled list.
Jurrjens will be the 13th different starter the Rockies have used this season.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq