- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Dignified Rosberg puts brave face on setback
Question of the Day
SILVERSTONE, England (AP) - Formula One series leader Nico Rosberg put a brave face on his disappointment Sunday after being forced to retire for the first time this year while leading the British Grand Prix.
Rosberg was hit by gearbox problems which caused him to abandon his race after 29 laps as Mercedes team-mate and title rival Briton Lewis Hamilton won to cut the German’s championship lead to four points.
Rosberg, who had finished on the podium in one of the first two places in all eight previous races, said: “It’s definitely disappointing as it is a lot of lost points.
“I felt something before the start and then around lap 21. When I got the problem, I thought I’d go into some safety setting and get it to the end of the race even if I let Lewis by - but it wasn’t possible.”
Rosberg remained at the circuit and with the team to cheer Hamilton to victory.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world