- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
Plans to fully reopen Choctaw casinos progressing
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA, Miss. (AP) - The Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians says it has a new financing package and is getting ready to return one of its casinos to full-time hours and to improve the other.
The Clarion-Ledger reports (http://on.thec-l.com/1opM3FN ) that the tribe has not said when the Golden Moon Hotel and Casino will resume full-time operation. That casino has operated on weekends only since the start of 2009, when the tribe cut 570 jobs at the casinos, hotels, golf course and water park at its Pearl River Resort.
Work is to start in August on hotel and gambling floor improvements at both the Golden Moon and the Silver Star Hotel and Casino.
Resort president and CEO Holly Gagnon says the operations have improved greatly over the past two years.
Information from: The Clarion-Ledger, http://www.clarionledger.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world