- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
Former Duke guard Alexis Jones going to Baylor
Question of the Day
WACO, Texas (AP) - Alexis Jones is going to Baylor after starting every game she played at Duke the past two seasons.
Baylor announced Monday that Jones had signed a financial aid agreement to attend the Big 12 school. She tore the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee in February and missed Duke’s last seven games.
Jones, a 5-foot-8 guard from MacArthur High in Irving, Texas, will sit out the 2014-15 season and then have two full seasons of eligibility remaining. She averaged 11.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.9 steals in her two seasons at Duke, and was the ACC tournament MVP as a freshman.
Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie has said she supports Jones’ decision.
Jones says she wanted to be closer to her family.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq