- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Two Mets minor leaguers face drag racing charges
Question of the Day
KINGSPORT, Tenn. (AP) - New York Mets minor league outfielders Wuilmer Becerra and Vicente Lupo are facing drag racing charges.
Becerra and Lupo play for the Kingsport Mets of the rookie-level Appalachian League.
Kingsport police say they stopped the players going over 100 mph just after midnight Friday morning. Police say both players said they were from Venezuela and neither carried a U.S. driver’s license.
Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz in New York says the team is aware of the situation, but declined further comment.
The police report lists the players as 30-year-old Vincent Lupo Perez and 19-year-old Wuilmer Gabriel Benavente. Kingsport Mets general manager Brian Paupeck confirmed Monday that the two people arrested were Becerra and Lupo. According to Kingsport’s roster, Becerra is 19 and Lupo is 20.
Paupeck says he believes the middle names of the players may have been used as their last names in the police report.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq