- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rand Paul hires veteran New Hampshire operative for PAC
Question of the Day
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky announced Tuesday that he is beefing up his political action committee in New England by hiring Mike Biundo, a seasoned GOP operative from New Hampshire, home to the nation’s first presidential primary.
The announcement comes roughly a week after Mr. Paul announced that he hired Steve Grubbs, a former Iowa GOP chairman, as the chief strategist for RAND PAC in Iowa, which kicks off the GOP nomination race with the Iowa caucus.
“Mike will be a valuable asset to my team,” Mr. Paul said in a statement. “His experience, passion and leadership will help me advance the principles of liberty. The Republican party needs to grow and Mike will be a vital part of that effort.”
In 2012, Mr. Biundo served as campaign manager for former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum’s presidential bid and then as national deputy coalition director for Mitt Romney’s general election campaign.
Mr. Biundo also had a hand in Pat Buchanan’s presidential bid in 1996 when he upset Bob Dole to win the New Hampshire primary.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chris Christie faces flak on New Hampshire campaign foray
- Chris Christie sidesteps Bridgegate, again tops Republican presidential field
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors