- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Bayern: Mandzukic joining Atletico Madrid
Question of the Day
MUNICH (AP) - Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer says Mario Mandzukic is leaving the club for Spanish champion Atletico Madrid.
Sammer says, “There is a verbal agreement between Atletico and Bayern as well as between Atletico and Mario Mandzukic. Nothing is signed yet. But I think each other’s word can be relied upon.”
Media reports have indicated that Atletico agreed to a transfer fee of around 22 million euros (US$30 million) for the 28-year-old Croatia striker.
Mandzukic, who scored 33 goals and set up eight more in 54 Bundesliga games for Bayern, had a contract with the club until 2016.
Bayern was to introduce former Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski, effectively Mandzukic’s replacement, later Wednesday.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq