- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
UK police fear missing teenage twins are in Syria
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - British counterterrorism officers say they believe that two missing 16-year-old twin sisters who disappeared from their home in Manchester have traveled to Syria.
The two girls left Britain on June 26 and flew to Turkey, where police believe they crossed the border to Syria.
Detective Chief Superintendent Tony Mole from the North West Counter Terrorism Unit said Wednesday the sisters have put themselves in danger. But he said police do not know why they traveled there or who they are with.
The counter terrorism unit is now investigating whether the girls had help travelling to Syria, which is engulfed in civil war.
Security officials in Britain say several hundred Britons have traveled to Syria to support rebels fighting the government of President Bashar Assad.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world