- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Georgia Tech tops Jacksonville St 4-2 in regional
Question of the Day
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) - Matt Gonzalez hit a two-run double in the top of the ninth inning to lead Georgia Tech to a 4-2 victory over Jacksonville State in the second round of the NCAA tournament’s Oxford Regional.
Georgia Tech (37-26) will play the loser of Mississippi and Washington on Sunday night for a berth in the championship round. Jacksonville State (36-27) was eliminated from the regional.
Dusty Isaacs (8-5) earned the win for Georgia Tech.
Jacksonville State rallied for one run in the bottom of the ninth, but left two men on base when Eddie Mora-Loera flied out to center field. Griff Gordon, Paschal Petrongolo, Andre Bishop and Tyler Gamble all had two hits.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq