- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
Sacramento State eliminates Arizona State, 5-4
Question of the Day
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP) - Nathan Lukes was 3 for 3 and drove in three runs and Sacramento State scored three times in the eighth inning to break a tie and beat Arizona State 5-4 in an elimination game Saturday.
Sacramento State reliever Alex Palsha withstood a late rally for the Hornets.
Pinch-hitter Ryan Ybarra hit a two-run home run off in the ninth inning to bring the Sun Devils (33-24) within a run, but Palsha (6-1) froze Trever Allen with a 3-2 curveball for the final out of the game, the first NCAA Division I regional victory in program history for the Hornets (40-23).
Jordan Aboites (5-3) took the loss, allowing three runs, one earned, on two hits and two walks while recording just one out in the eighth. David Del Grande hit a two-run single off Aboites to break a 2-2 tie after Rhys Hoskins led off with a walk and Will Soto reached on an error.
Sacramento State, the regional’s fourth-seeded team, will play host Cal Poly in another elimination game Sunday.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- EDITORIAL: A new witch hunt in Salem
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq