- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Stanford ousts Youngstown St in NCAA regional
Question of the Day
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) - Danny Diekroeger hit a three-run homer, Brett Hanewich set a career high in strikeouts and Stanford eliminated Youngstown State with an 12-4 win Sunday at the NCAA’s Bloomington Regional.
The Cardinal (32-24) must beat Indiana twice to advance to next week’s super regional. Indiana will move on with a win Sunday night.
Highlighted by back-to-back home runs by Diekroeger and Alex Blandino, Stanford scored six runs in the second inning, beginning with consecutive run-scoring singles from Brett Michael Doran and Tommy Edman.
Austin Slater extended his hitting streak to a career-best 20 games for the Cardinal.
Hanewich settled in after a rocky start, tossing seven innings, scattering three hits and striking out nine.
Nick DiNello and Josh White had RBI singles in the ninth for the Penguins.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors