- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Charles H. Wright Museum gets $1 million donation
Question of the Day
DETROIT (AP) - The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History has received a $1 million donation from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
Detroit Free Press columnist Rochelle Riley reports (http://on.freep.com/1mBamOR ) the foundation’s President and CEO La June Montgomery Tabron says the grant aims “to help the organization grow and become even more effective and imbedded into the community.”
Meanwhile, businessman Jon Barfield made a $100,000 donation. He hopes to encourage others to give.
The donations come as the Detroit museum’s budget is $4.7 million, about half of what museum officials say is needed. The museum’s President and CEO Juanita Moore says it’s is now operating at a $200,000 deficit. There have been layoffs and scaled-back programs.
The museum, meanwhile, is pushing its “Give a Grand, Make a Million” campaign.
Information from: Detroit Free Press, http://www.freep.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world