- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
State baseball: All 3 defending champs return
Question of the Day
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - All three champions from last year have returned to the Minnesota state high school baseball tournament to defend their titles.
BOLD in Class 1A, Kasson-Mantorville in Class 2A and Mounds View in Class 3A each qualified again this season. The tournament begins Thursday, with Class 1A games in Chaska and Jordan, Class 2A games in St. Cloud and Class 3A games in St. Paul and Minneapolis.
The three championship games will be played Saturday at Target Field.
BOLD starts its title defense as the No. 1 seed taking on Red Lake County in the Class 1A quarterfinals.
Kasson-Mantorville is the No. 3 seed and will play Hawley in the Class 2A quarterfinals.
Mounds View is the No. 4 seed and will face Elk River in the Class 3A quarterfinals.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq