- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Dayton off to Washington for meetings, Lynx honors
Question of the Day
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton is off to Washington for high-level meetings and a presidential tribute to the Minnesota Lynx, the WNBA’s reigning champs.
Dayton was scheduled to be in the capital city for two days, starting Wednesday.
His itinerary included a meeting with Minnesota’s two senators and the secretary of the Interior about federal funding for the multi-state water project that is vital to southwestern Minnesota. The Legislature and Dayton recently allotted $22 million in state construction dollars to the Lewis & Clark Region Water System pipeline project and gave area governments power to raise local taxes to unlock even more matching money from the state.
Thursday’s docket has several meetings at the White House, capped with an afternoon event honoring players from 2013 Lynx championship team.
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors