- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
NYC’s WD-50 in East Village to close in the fall
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - WD-50, a trailblazing restaurant on Manhattan’s Lower East Side, has announced it will close in the fall.
Its influential chef and owner Wylie Dufresne says the restaurant’s last day at the Clinton Street spot will be Nov. 30.
He told The New York Times (http://nyti.ms/1oPGW4i ) WD-50 will close because a developer wants to put up a new building on the Clinton Street site.
It’s been at that location for 11 years.
Dufresne hopes to relocate elsewhere in the city.
Dufresne is world-renowned for his creative and edgy cooking.
Rene Redzepi, chef at Copenhagen’s Noma that some call the best in the world, told the Times that Dufresne’s cooking is wild, sets new standards and constantly explores new territories.
Dufresne also is the chef at Alder, an East Village tavern.
Information from: The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq